Top 100 Artists on “Fused Glass Artist” (number 13): http://www.fusedglassartists.org/Buddhakittyglass
Glass is a beautiful luminescent medium, which is amazing to experience visually. The play of light through the glass changing its color and consistency creates visual sensations that are rarely paralleled in other materials. This play of light on glass also emphasizes the amazing textures of glass. I am drawn to the beauty in glass that comes out in its changing colors and textures. I strive to call attention to the texture and color of glass by creating a three dimensional experience for both the eyes and the hands. By layering handmade glass dots, pulled cane, and cast images on my work, I create realms of texture and layers of color that can be seen with the eyes and felt with your hands.
Buddha Kitty Glass is the fused glass art of Steena Fullmer-Anderson. Steena has a life-long passion and fascination with all types of glass. She was raised in a small town in the San Juan Islands in Washington State, where she collected beach glass as a child. A trip to Europe in college spurred a fascination with stained glass. After returning home, Steena took her first class in glass art at a stained glass workshop. This workshop began a long and diverse journey through the numerous glass art disciplines. As a resident of Seattle, Washington Steena was surrounded by glass art. The Seattle area in renowned for its glass art community. While living in Seattle, Steena studied with many of the phenomenal glass artists in the area. After a decade of working with glass in her free time, Steena decided to leave work for the government and pursue glass art full-time. In 2008, Steena launched Buddha Kitty Glass, named after her cat who would sit at her feet while she worked on her first stained glass window. Steena is now a proud member of several artist co-operatives and galleries in Virginia and a Juried Artist of the Virginia Artisan Center.
GALLERY AND ARTIST COOPERATIVE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Gallery Art Underground, Arlington, Virginia, September 2014 – Present.
- The Gateway Gallery – Round Hill, Virginia, January 2012 – Present.
- The Waterford Foundation Corner Store – Waterford, Virginia, October 2013 – Present.
- The Art Gallery Group – Mount Jackson, Virginia, May 2014 – Present.
- Over the Moon Bookstore & Artisan Gallery – Crozet, Virginia, March 2014 – Present.
- Books and Other Found Things – Leesburg, Virginia, May 2014 – Present.
- Burtons Jeweler and Fine Arts – Anacortes, Washington, April 2010 – Present.
- Earthworks – Leesburg, Virginia, September 2012 – January 2013.
- Everett Artist Gallery – Everett, Washington, January 2009 – September 2011.
- I Heart Rummage – Seattle, Washington, January 2009 – September 2011.
- Arlington Artist Alliance, Member, September 2014 – Present.
- Artisan Center of Virginia, Juried Artist and Member, June 2012 –Present.
- Loudoun Arts Council, Member, June 2012 – Present.
- Gateway Gallery, Treasurer, August 2013 – Present.
- Gateway Gallery, Member at Large, June 2012 – August 2013.
- Waterford Homes Tour and Crafts Exhibition, Co-Chair January 2012 – January 2013.
SHOWS AND EXHIBITIONS:
- “GRUMP Holiday Arts and Crafts Show” Artisphere, Arlington, Virginia, December 2014.
- “Empty Bowls 1st Annual Dinner and Art Show” Leesburg, Virginia, August 2014.
- “Glen Echo Park 44th Annual Labor Day Art Show” Glen Echo, Maryland, August 2014.
- “Gateway Gallery Traveling Art Show” Loudoun County, Virginia, May 2014 – Present.
- “Three Days with the Artists” Great Falls, Virginia, December 2013 – 2014.
- “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” Franklin Park Arts Center, Purcellville, Virginia, October 2013.
- “Outstanding in Their Field” Round Hill Art Center, Round Hill, Virginia, June 2013.
- “Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour” Leesburg, Virginia, June 2013.
- “Waterford Homes Tour and Crafts Exhibition” Waterford, Virginia, October 2012 – 2014.
- “Back to School Artisan’s Bazaar” Hillyer Art Space, Washington D.C., September 2012.
- “Think Outside the Box” Round Hill Art Center, Round Hill, Virginia, June 2012.
- “Spring on the Wing” The Gateway Gallery, Round Hill, Virginia, April 2010.
- “Bumbershoot” Seattle, Washington, June 2009.
- “The Fremont Fair” Seattle, Washington, June 2009.
- “Seattle Men’s Chorus Black Tie and Sequin Ball” Seattle, Washington, July 2009.
- “The Jazz Night School Annual Auction” Seattle, Washington, September 2009.
- “The Pratt Fine Art Center Holiday Fair” Seattle, Washington, December 2009.